Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE-module Restarted

dinesh1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

One of my ACE module got restarted The following are the error messsages in the 6500 switches

Oct 22 13:38:40.411: %OIR-SP-3-PWRCYCLE: Card in module 9, is being power-cycled off (Module not responding to Keep Alive polling)

Oct 22 13:38:40.439: %C6KPWR-SP-4-DISABLED: power to module in slot 9 set off (Module not responding to Keep Alive polling)

The IOs version of the ACE is :- disk0:c6ace-t1k9-mz.3.0.0_A1_3b.bin

Switch Os version is : s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF7.bin

Could anybody tell me Is there any BUG in the IOS ?Or What could be the possible reason ?

Thanks in Advance

Dinesh

3 Replies 3

Martin Kyrc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Dinesh,

here is answer from error message decoder:

1. %OIR-3-PWRCYCLE: Card in slot [dec], is not responding; it is being power-cycled

The OIR facility has detected that the line card is unresponsive and has attempted to power-cycle the card.

Recommended Action: No action is required.

1. %C6KPWR-4-DISABLED: power to module in slot [dec] set [chars]

The module in the indicated slot was powered off for the reason stated in the error message.

Recommended Action: Recovery depends on the indicated reason. Using the information provided in the error message, troubleshoot and resolve the power problem. If necessary, replace defective components.

Maybe is card or slot corrupted. Try to install card to different slot.

martin

gianni2006
Level 1
Level 1

i have similar problem. the catalyst restart the ace, and ace doesn't work.

Also i have two catalyst conected in trunk, and i have two ace, one in each catalyst. No redundancie. both have the same problem.

ACE ios is: boot system image:c6ace-t1k9-mz.A2_1.bin

catalyst ios is: s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH2a.bin

log from catalyst:

17w2d: %CONST_DIAG-SP-6-HM_TEST_SP_INFO: TestAsicSync[1]: last_busy_percent[6%], Tx_Rate[3292], Rx_Rate[232]

17w2d: %CONST_DIAG-SP-2-HM_MOD_RESET: Resetting Module 1 for software recovery, Reason: Failed TestAsicSync

17w2d: %OIR-SP-3-PWRCYCLE: Card in module 1, is being power-cycled off (Diagnostic Failure)

17w2d: %HA_EM-6-LOG: Mandatory.go_asicsync.tcl: GOLD EEM TCL policy for TestAsicSync

17w2d: %SNMP-5-MODULETRAP: Module 1 [Down] Trap

17w2d: %C6KPWR-SP-4-DISABLED: power to module in slot 1 set off (Diagnostic Failure)

17w2d: %SVCLC-5-SVCLCVTPMODE: VTP mode is set to non-transparent

17w2d: %SNMP-5-MODULETRAP: Module 1 [Up] Trap

17w2d: %DIAG-SP-6-RUN_MINIMUM: Module 1: Running Minimal Diagnostics...

17w2d: %DIAG-SP-6-DIAG_OK: Module 1: Passed Online Diagnostics

17w2d: %OIR-SP-6-INSCARD: Card inserted in slot 1, interfaces are now online

17w2d: %SVCLC-5-FWTRUNK: Firewalled VLANs configured on trunks

17w2d: %FABRIC-SP-6-TIMEOUT_ERR: Fabric in slot 5 detected excessive flow-control on channel 0 (Module 1, fabric connection 0)

17w2d: %CONST_DIAG-SP-6-HM_TEST_SP_INFO: TestAsicSync[1]: last_busy_percent[6%], Tx_Rate[6293], Rx_Rate[298]

ANY advise?

Roble Mumin
Level 3
Level 3

> The IOs version of the ACE is :- disk0:c6ace-t1k9-mz.3.0.0_A1_3b.bin

If i am not wrong, this is a really old ACE Image. Until A1_4h i think we had frequent core dumps of the ACE blade and even the MSFC below crashed once in a while. The reason was offloading SSL Traffic with 3DES and AES on the blade.

So first of all i suggest you update that Blade to at least A2_1 or A2_1.1.

There also might be a bug in the tool related to your power cycle issue.

Roble

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: