Views
Helpful
Replies

DLSW and bridge with Catalyst 4500 Sup V

juanluis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is it possible to run dlsw in a catalyst 4500 with sup V or any other sup or module?.

9 Replies 9

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Juan

I do not have direct personal experience with this, so I checked the Feature Navigator on CCO. It indicates that with the IP PLUS or with Enterprise Plus feature sets that DLSW+ is supported on the 4500.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks a lot. DO you mean that there is a ios i mage for the 4500 and sup V that support DLSW and bridge?

I have enter in the web but I dont find anything as you say. Could you send me the url, please?.

I need to confirm that this feature is avalaible, so I could open a case and ask the ios to cisco.

If you answer yes to my first question I will be a very happy man!

Regards

Juan Luis.

Juan Luis

What I find is not specific about the Sup V. But the feature navigator does say that this image c4500-js-mz.122-23.bin does have support for bridging between 802.1Q VLANs and does have support for DLSW+.

You can use the feature navigator at this URL:

www.cisco.com/go/fn

and it has options to check by feature, by platform, or by spacific image.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Are you sure this is for Catalyst 4500 with supervisor V?

In the feature navigator I don't find anything about your version for the catalyst 4500.

Juan Luis

Are you saying that you went to the Feature Navigator (at www.cisco.com/g/fn), that you selected the option to search for a particular release, that you specified image c4500-js-mz.122-23.bin and that it could not find this image?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Yes,

When I search a release selecting the Catalyst 4500 and sup V I dont find the file you say.

The file c4500-js-mz.122-23.bin is for Catalyst 4500 sup V or it is for router 4500?

If it is for catalyst, how or where can I get it?

Regards,

Juan Luis.

Juan Luis

It appears that this image is indeed for the router 4500. my mistake. I appologize. Based on this I was incorrect to say that there was support for DLSW in the Cat4500. Having looked again I believe that DLSW is not supported on this platform.

Sorry

Rick

HTH

Rick

No problem

Thank you very much. I will use a external router to run dlsw.

I have 2 4506 and 2 routers and must work redundant, if it is not very umpleasant for you, I would like send you the configs so you can take a look and tell me if there is any mistake. You seem to know very much about this.

Thanks for all.

Regards

Juan Luis.

Juan Luis

If you send the configs I will take a look at them.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: