Helpful
Replies

Contacts OFF Line for CUPC 7.0

vdarienz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

i have the following problem:

using CUPC 7.0 and CUPs/CUCM 7.0 with LDAP directory, when i search the contacs and i chose Contact Detail on the window i can see the presence information of the contact, but as soon i add the contact to the Buddy List (Contact Group) it turns OFF-LINE.

I see that the CUPS sends me a NOTIFY message with Unavailable for the specified contact.

Have ever encounter this problem?

Thanks

Vincenzo

4 Replies 4

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

Check your Server health on the client. I ahve had similar problems with CUPC and it was because it could not connect to the presence server. All the other servers were green, but not presence.

In my case this happens on some employees pcs when they are remote and it adds a public DNS to their search order.

j.dewiele
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the exact same problem and it is very frustrating - I almost want to give up on 7.x. If you have had any success with this please let me know.

Thanks,

Joey

I've got the same problem and what I've found:

Usernames must be the completely the same (case-sensitive) as in LDAP Directory.

The workaround is to search for a user from bottom of the CUPC, select properties and then press IM button. From opened message window you will be able to add user to contacts and he will be online.

Cisco said, that this is expected behaviour and we should make usernames in CUCM the same as in AD.

Hi,

Well this solved my problem as well except it seems that the usernames have to be the same case including the domain name. I had to change the proxy domain service parameter to be all lower case. It seems that there is something in the CUPS that is transcribing upper case characters in domains to lower case.

It's very confusing behaviour.

Thanks so much for your help,

Joey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: