cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending voice mail to unity

jjursch
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to send voice mail to untiy from smtp client. The message is making it in the Unity store, but it is not being treated as a voice mail message. Any pointers? thanks

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the Unity server an Exchange server as well? Unity uses Exchange as its "message store" Unity really is not an SMTP relay. You would need to have Exchange or something installed to relay that to an Exchange or Domino message store.

What are you trying to accomplish, it sounds non-standard.

Yes - exchange. We have an application that needs to send a voice message to a subscriber's mailbox. I am able to send a message with a wav attachement and if I connect to the exchnage server via IMAP I can see the message and listen to the wav file. However, the message cann't be retrieved via the phone. I am sure that there is some headers or something that Unity wants to know that it is a voice message. Can't find any good examples. thanks

Unity only recognizes messages as voice mail if the header is IPM.Note.Voice.Unity Anything else is not recognized. Also, if any rules are moving messages out of the Inbox for subscribers, Unity will not see them as well.

Hope this helps,

Brad

It would probably have to be configured with some sort of IPM.Note classications is my best guess. Send it to the Exchange server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: