cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewmail 7.0(2) forwarding messages issue

ray.maslanka
Level 5
Level 5

Using Outlook 2003, if a user owns a second mailbox, receives a voicemail message in that mailbox, it CAN be played with Viewmail fine.

If the user forwards the message from the inbox of the second mailbox, the recipient receives the voicemail as an attachment but CANNOT open it with Viewmail.

If the message is first dragged to the inbox of the users main mailbox and then forwarded, the recipient CAN open it with Viewmail.

If a user logs into Windows / Outlook with the second mailbox AD account and forwards the message, the recipient CAN play it with Viewmail.

Only forwarding from a second inbox in Outlook seems to be a problem.

Any suggestions re: forwarding from a second inbox removing the ability for a recipient to play it via Viewmail?

10 Replies 10

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

If you try this, does it work? Highlight the message in the second inbox and then select (from the Outlook toolbar), Actions - Forward with voice. This should open up a new message with the original included and provide the Media Master bar for recording an introduction voice message.

Ginger

No. The problem is the same. When you choose Action | Forward With Voice, the message DOES open with the Media Master bar (it does this if you open the message and choose forward as well) but the reicpient still receives the message as an attachment.

Hi Ray -

I believe this is the problem and how to correct - it worked when I tested it. From Outlook - go to Tools - Preferences - select the E-mail Options tab. Bottom half of tab shows On Replies and Forwards. Change "When forwarding a message" from Attach original message to "Include original message text". Reply OK to close.

Ginger

Ginger,

The settings you referenced are already set (I think they are default). I imagine this setting, if incorrect, would affect forwarding from the main subscriber mailbox, which in my case is working fine. The problem still exists only in the second mailbox.

I would appreciate any other input though.

Ray

Hi Ray -

Sorry this did not help! I am using the same software as you in testing, Outlook 2003 and ViewMail 7.0(2). Is the recipient of the forwarded message the only one that is having the problem?

Ginger

Ginger,

The only problem experienced is by recipients of forwarded messages from the second mailboxes available in the senders Outlook. These are used as general message stores for timeouts or options off call handlers or UCCX queues.

Every other message is sent, forwarded, played back, deleted, etc. correctly.

Those second mailboxes have send as rights by the owners in Exchange, and no matter what combination of keystrokes are used in forwarding messages, the recipients still receive the message as an attachment.

Curiously, the option to send as in Outlook is unavailable when using Viewmail (vs. sending / forwarding a simple email). I thought it might be worth a try to force it, but it doesn't look like an available option.

Let me know if you have any more ideas.

Thanks,

Ray

Hi -

We do exactly the same thing here with secondary mailboxes, even for 0-out receptionist voice messages. What's weird is that the message class coming into recipient's mailbox sounds like it is arriving as ipm.note instead of ipm.note.voice.unity. Could you take a look at one of the user's second inbox and confirm?

Ginger

Ginger

Ginger,

You are correct. The message when received in the second inbox has a IPM.Note.voice.unity class and can be played with Viewmail. When it is forwarded and received in a normal subscriber inbox it has a IPM.Note class.

That explains the symptom.

Now, how do I rectify the behavior?

Thanks again,

Ray

Hello,

I was wondering if you ever resolved this issue. I have one user, one mailbox, when she receives a vm it arrives correctly as IPM.Note.Voice.Unity but when she forwards it, it arrives at to the recipient as IPM.Note. Why this one user?

Thanks,

Jason

I do not have a fix. The customer is in the midst of an Exchange / Outlook / OS refresh and isn't pursuing it currently.

If you do find a resolution to your issue, I would certainly appreciate you responding here though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: