cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom Video and Cisco Collaboration

pvarenholt
Level 5
Level 5

have several customers wanting a video solution to mesh into a Cisco UC environment with MP/MPE but want ease of use.

Customers cannot afford the Telepresence product and want to integrate the polycom such that the audio is done via ip phone and video is done by polycom and collab is done via MP/MPE.

Not sure which product is proper for this (MP or MPE) or if this will even work.

Want the ability to dial 4 digit on ip phone and nail up video call with other side either ad-hoc or scheduled via MP.

Can anyone provide any guidance?

I've called the Cisco PDI and Reseller help and all i've got so far is PDF's.

I'm sure someone has done this or is doing it and would like to hear from someone please.

5 Replies 5

mahtye
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, we support Polycoms in both MP and MPE. The Polycom VSX series can be converted an SCCP load making it an IP Telephony device in CallManager.

Mitch AhTye

UCBU TME

I'm on to that now but need some more pointed questions answered but need someone who has the hands on experience with this.

Would you entertain a call?

Thanks,

paul.

1) I guess we should talk via forum as it will reach to a larger audience than one to one discussion.

2) Others can contribute/validate/suggest many things.

Regards

Shashank

spvaidya
Level 1
Level 1

Can you put your requirements briefly?

have CUCM 7 cluster.

have 7970 IP Phones in boardrooms

looking at polycom hdx video with 50" lcd's and possible smartboard

looking at MP/MPE for collab between locations that look like config above.

want most importantly ease of use.

want collab to work well with polycom such that we can leverage our cisco gear but need to understand the fundamental pros/cons of MP vs MPE besides what the PDF's say.

Want to hear this from someone who has done it and has experienced the pros/cons of the products.

also want to know pros/cons of the MCU with respect to doing video with 3 parties in MPE and MP (i.e what do you gain / lose when going with MP/MPE). Understand that MCU does not work with MPE.

Thanks,

Paul.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: