Views
Helpful
Replies

Database replication mismatch on CUCM cluster after upgrade

eemara949
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

After Upgrading the CUCM from 5.1.2.3000 to 5.1.3.4000 the cluster database is not same on both servers. One more thing when trying to insert new phone or update any phone on the SUB node i got the following error:

"Reset Failed. java.sql.SQLException: No UPDATE permission"

Please what can i do in this situation?

kindly advice

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

make sure all nodes are running the same version and there is no component mismatch, use the utils dbreplication commands to restore the replication between nodes

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you my dear, i downgraded the CUCM and everything back to noraml.

When you attempt the upgrade again, make sure that you verify the dbreplication status before you begin.

That way you can be sure that at least this shouldn't be a problem following the switchover.

Also, always switch the inactive partition on the Publisher following the upgrade before you switch the inactive partitions on the subscribers.

The show tech dbstateinfo cli command available in 5.1(3) should give a good indication of the dbstates, or alternative verify same through the RTMT database summary. Anything other than a status of 2 is cause for concern..

Rgds

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: