Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP is gone!!!!

Hey there!,

I logged into my router and my EIGRP network lists is gone! Does something happen to make it go away?

If i go into config mode and add the networks back, would that be all that i have to do or is there something else?

HELP!

7 Replies 7

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dustin

I do not believe that we have enough information yet to diagnose what the problem is or what you should do about it. Can you tell us whether any changes have been made recently? Can you tell us whether interfaces are up or are down?

If you can post the output of show ip interface brief and the output of show ip protcol it would give us a good start on understanding your problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick,

There were no changes made. I did the show ip protocol and its giving me a **IP routing is NSF aware*** .... how come its doing that?

it usually gives me information when i do that...

sirdudesly
Level 2
Level 2

This might seem silly, but did you remember to do a copy running start last time you configured it? Could just be that it's reset and didn't have an up to date config on it.

Dustin

Would you post the output of show ip interface brief? And it would help if you would post the output of show run.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

here is my show ip inter brief

here is my show run....

Dustin

Thank you for posting the additional information. The show run clearly shows that there is no EIGRP configuration at all. If the switch stack was configured with EIGRP and now it is not then something must have changed. Perhaps someone went into the switch and configured it to remove EIGRP - but you indicate that no config changes were made. Another possibility might be that the version of code that the switches execute changed and that the current version does not support EIGRP. Has there possibly been a change in version of code (perhaps associated with a switch failover situation)?

If you do show startup-config is the EIGRP information there?

It would seem that the solution would be to go into configuration on the switch and to re-enter the EIGRP configuration (assuming that the version of code on the switch supports it).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card