Unanswered Question
Oct 23rd, 2008

I would like to go for ccvp first paper cvoice. can any one help me with the study material.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
tim.giles Thu, 10/23/2008 - 08:41

I took mine about 6 months ago using Cisco's authorised Self Study Guide which covers everything (obviously there's others available).

Important things to understand are number translation/dial plan's, dial-peers, call control and signalling. All the basics are covered though..

They've updated the syllabus now to version 6.0:

Course Objectives

Describe VoIP, components of a VoIP network, VoIP protocols, special requirements for VoIP calls, and Codecs.

Configure gateway interconnections to support VoIP and PSTN calls.

Describe the basic signaling protocols used on voice gateways and configure a gateway to support calls using the various signaling protocols.

Define a dial plan, describing the purpose of each dial plan component, and implement a dial plan on a voice gateway..

Describe gatekeeper functions, protocols, and operation and implement an H.323 gatekeeper to provide dial plan resolution and call admission control.

Implement a Cisco Unified Border Element gateway to connect to an Internet Telephony Service Provider.

This includes being able to:

Configuring Voice Ports

Implementing VoIP Gateways

Implementing Dial Plans on Voice Gateways

Implementing H.323 Gatekeepers

Connecting to an ITSP

lffrwatson Tue, 10/28/2008 - 06:00

I got a hold of some old 2600's and 1700's routers with FXO and FXS ports and built a test lab. Building dail-plans on lab gear really inforces the concepts. Also play around with QoS and give voice different quality of service. If you cant get a hold of cisco gear I would read all the materials by cisco press. Also check any documentation and netpro postings on Good luck. Out of all the tests for CCVP I enjoyed CVOICE a lot.

mikram Tue, 10/28/2008 - 06:06

Not to forget you need application software as well for call control such as CUCM or CME on the router. I would say best bet is to go with CME initially with 3 router with frame-relay switch in between to route calls via h323 and get some hands on GK, alternate Gk, GK clustering etc.

As the time goes by, u need CUCM, UNITY, IPCCX

good luck

This Discussion