Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSEC VPN on Metro-E connection

ewong0088
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a quick question. Is it possible to run L2L IPSEC VPN via a Metro-E connection? It doesn't make sense to do something like that via Metro-E but this connection is with a partner therefore on both ends, firewalls are in place. WIth port forwading, NATting, etc,etc, I ran into problems to provide additional services because of that. I am hoping a L2L IPSEC VPN on both ends will solve this problem once and for all. The only question is to be sure in fact a Metro-E is just a ethernet connection and really no difference from setting up a L2L IPSEC VPN via the internet.

Thank you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Eric,

Yes, L2L IPSEC VPN Tunnel Over Metro-E connection should work just fine. You might run into processing overhead and throughput issues on the VPN Server but other than that it should be fine.

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Eric,

Yes, L2L IPSEC VPN Tunnel Over Metro-E connection should work just fine. You might run into processing overhead and throughput issues on the VPN Server but other than that it should be fine.

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: