cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS AP Templates

jcosgrove
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to use the AP templates to apply WLAN override on some of my AP's. Is there a way to run a report to verify where the template/wlan override is applied. Also after you apply a template how do you unapply the template?

3 Replies 3

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

To make modifications to an existing template, select the appropriate template link listed in the Template Name column. The WLAN Template > Selected Template appears. The screens that appear for creating a new template and the existing template are identical except that the existing template screen shows its existing configuration and its Profile and SSID values are fixed and cannot be modified.

Follow the steps given in below URL to add a new WLAN template or make modifications to an existing WLAN template.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/4.0/configuration/guide/wcstemp.html#wp1071033

The instructions say: 

Step 1
Choose Configure > Controller Templates.

On a Model 5508 controller, SW 8.3.140.0 where is the Configure command?  I've looked every where and can't find it.

Wow dragging up an old topic ;). What are you trying to achieve? The original topic is talking about Wireless Control System (WCS) which is now Cisco Prime Infrastructure (CPI) so if you need a template option you must use that product.

Thanks,
Ric
-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card