Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity with Lotus Domino

prakashar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am doing a first time installation with Lotus Domino in unified messaging environment.Because Lotus has a seperate userid/pass ...just wanted to understand which user account a user will use to open his voice mail from his inbox.

-Prakash

6 Replies 6

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I've not done a Domino integration before but as far as I understand it they can use their own account.

When imported their mail file is modified with Unified Messaging functionality (as per the installation doc):

Preparing the Domino Server(s) for Cisco Unity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this section, you:

•Create a Domino group for Cisco Unity servers.

•Register a Cisco Unity person and create a Lotus Notes mail file for it.

•For the Cisco Unity servers group, grant Editor permissions for Admin4.nsf.

Admin4.nsf is used by the Administrative Process task running on each Domino server. When a Domino person is imported into Cisco Unity, Cisco Unity submits a signed request to the Adminp task, which adds the request to Admin4.nsf. DUCS then modifies the user's mail file with Cisco Unity Unified Messaging functionality. The changes are made to the database on the server that contains the user's mail file. The Cisco Unity group requires editor-level permissions in the Admin4.nsf database on each server containing the mail file for a Cisco Unity subscriber.

Domino security policy requires Cisco Unity to digitally sign requests. Requests are documents, and signing documents requires modifying them, so the Cisco Unity server group needs privileges to sign requests submitted to the Administrative Process database. This corresponds to editor-level permissions in an ACL.

•For the Cisco Unity servers group, grant Editor with Delete Documents permissions for Names.nsf.

By default, Names.nsf is the main directory database for a Domino domain. Cisco Unity needs sufficient permissions in the Access Control List (ACL) of the database to read, edit, create, and delete documents (or "notes") in the database.

•For the Cisco Unity servers group, change the user type to Mixed Group (optional).

•Install IBM Lotus Domino Unified Communications (DUC) for Cisco components on Domino servers.

•Confirm that the network is configured so that Cisco Unity can resolve the unqualified Domino server name to an IP address.

Each Cisco Unity server also has Manager-level access to the mail files of its subscribers because when a Domino user is imported into Cisco Unity, DUCS adds Cisco Unity to the ACL of the mail file for the user. Cisco Unity requires the access to modify the read/unread list. Ensure there are no explicit deny lists or security settings that hinder the ability of Cisco Unity to access a mail file after the Domino user has been imported into Cisco Unity.

http://www.cisco.biz/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/installation/guide/cudnf/IG_018.html#wp1794934

Hope this helps.

Please rate useful posts...

Hi Tim,

This was really helpful. Will get back to you with some queries.

Thanks

Prakash

Hi Tim,

We are required to install CSServer on domino server that homes Cisco Unity subscribers and also CSAdmin on the domino server that will be pushing directory information out to all other Domino servers.

No detailed procedure is available for this in install guide. Can you throw soem more light on this step.

-Prakash

Hi Prakash,

I'm a novice on Lotus Domino installs to be honest. I've done a bit of troubleshooting on them before but that's about it.

I did however find this useful PDF which explains the complete DUC installation procedure which I hope will help you.

Please rate useful posts...

Hi Tim,

Many thanks for your document. It is really informative.

Thanks

Prakash

No problem Prakash, I hope you manage to figure it out.

Please rate useful posts..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: