506E Password Reset; Connectivity issues

Unanswered Question
Oct 23rd, 2008

Hello,

Im trying to reset the password to a 506E Pix firewall using the TFTP method. I have followed the directions located on Cisco's website however I cannot get a workable network connection between my pc and the firewall.

I set up the interfaces on the pix however I cannot ping my computer and my computer cannot ping the firewall. I notice on my Linksys switch that I have everything plugged into that interface 0 and 1 both have solid amber lights which display FD/COL (collision detection). Im begining to think there is something physically wrong with the interface, but then again that seems very unlikely.

Any guidance would be appreciated...

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
davidcleap Thu, 10/23/2008 - 07:37

Thanks for your response...I think thats a good idea...but I have everything connected to a private switch...there isnt anything else connected to the switch except the pc and pix...I will try the xover though...

Jon Marshall Thu, 10/23/2008 - 07:46

Only other thing to consider is how are the ports on the linksys configured in terms of speed/duplex ?. You need to match the Pix interface speed and duplex to this.

Jon

davidcleap Wed, 12/03/2008 - 12:41

sorry for bringing back a slightly old post...but this never got resolved. I tried a crossover cable but I cannot ping the pix or the pc from the pix.

Is there a way to do a full reset using jumpers on the pix mobo? The pix just went out of warranty, any suggestions would be great!

Here is a recap of my setup

PC 192.168.0.7

Pix int0 192.168.0.6 (connected via xover)

Gateway 192.168.0.7

Server 192.168.0.7

File np63.bin

Cannot ping each other.

davidcleap Thu, 12/04/2008 - 05:33

Yes ive followed the guide to the letter. Its almost as if there is something wrong with the interfaces when I go into monitor mode...when I boot the pix regular...I can ping the interface according to the ip address that the last admin had configured it for.

Actions

This Discussion