Views
Helpful
Replies

506E Password Reset; Connectivity issues

davidcleap
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Im trying to reset the password to a 506E Pix firewall using the TFTP method. I have followed the directions located on Cisco's website however I cannot get a workable network connection between my pc and the firewall.

I set up the interfaces on the pix however I cannot ping my computer and my computer cannot ping the firewall. I notice on my Linksys switch that I have everything plugged into that interface 0 and 1 both have solid amber lights which display FD/COL (collision detection). Im begining to think there is something physically wrong with the interface, but then again that seems very unlikely.

Any guidance would be appreciated...

6 Replies 6

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

David,

I suggest you use an xover cable. You might have a dhcp server that could be confusing the issue.

HTH>

Thanks for your response...I think thats a good idea...but I have everything connected to a private switch...there isnt anything else connected to the switch except the pc and pix...I will try the xover though...

Only other thing to consider is how are the ports on the linksys configured in terms of speed/duplex ?. You need to match the Pix interface speed and duplex to this.

Jon

sorry for bringing back a slightly old post...but this never got resolved. I tried a crossover cable but I cannot ping the pix or the pc from the pix.

Is there a way to do a full reset using jumpers on the pix mobo? The pix just went out of warranty, any suggestions would be great!

Here is a recap of my setup

PC 192.168.0.7

Pix int0 192.168.0.6 (connected via xover)

Gateway 192.168.0.7

Server 192.168.0.7

File np63.bin

Cannot ping each other.

Yes ive followed the guide to the letter. Its almost as if there is something wrong with the interfaces when I go into monitor mode...when I boot the pix regular...I can ping the interface according to the ip address that the last admin had configured it for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: