Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow on 2811 vs. 2821

adamfilkins
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have Netflow v5 running well on a Cisco 2821 router running IOS v12.4(13R)T5. I have a 2811 router running IOS v12.4(13R)T and cannot get Netflow to populate properly. The configs are as follows for Netflow:

ip flow-export source FastEthernet0/1

ip flow-export version 5

ip flow-export destination 172.17.0.80 2055

I have egree/ingress turned on a serial interface.

ip flow-export source GiabitEthernet0/0.1

ip flow-export version 5

ip flow-export destination 172.17.0.80 2055

egress and ingress enabled on serial interface.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam Filkins

3 Replies 3

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Check if the config on cisco 2811 is the same as on cisco 2811.since netflow is working fine on 2821 it should work the same on 2811 also with the same configuration. Before you enable Netflow you must:

1)Configure the router for IP routing

2)Ensure that one of the following is enabled on your router, and on the interfaces that you want to configure

3)NetFlow on: Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF), distributed CEF, or fast switching

Understand the resources required on your router because NetFlow consumes additional memory and CPU resources.

I agree... check for IP connectivity between the netflow source interface IP and the netflow server IP.

Try pinging the IP of Fa0/1 from your netflow server and vice versa.

Thanks for the info. I have connectivity. Strange enough, the router and the server that I am having issues with are on the same subnet. I have found some other forums where users are having similar issues, but no solutions so far. Hopefully that luck will change here!

Thanks again,

Adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: