Helpful
Replies

Title: Outlook MAPI client VM

tom
Level 1
Level 1

Everyone,

Unity 5.0(1.0) and Exchange 2003. All Windows environment. Non-UC

I did not see a post that was directly related to my question. I pulled down a client's voice mail to an Outlook MAPI client in .msg format.

I can not listen to the message on any machine. I receive the following error. “Please treat as personal”.

I pulled down the administrator account messages and the message is already in .wav format ready to listen to. I can not covert the .msg either.

Thanks, Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The .msg file is an Outlook message (an email). There should be a .wav attached to this message.

Brandon

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The .msg file is an Outlook message (an email). There should be a .wav attached to this message.

Brandon

Brandon, the messages are like this (message from 3366270641.msg) so they look like any other vm message for exchange.

Could it be my imap4 config. Access>>Authentication>>basic Authentication only?

Thanks Tom

Right and you should be able to open the message and then open the .wav attachment. Is there no .wav attached?

Brandon

correct it just gives me a "please treat this a personal"...it must be permissions.

I can open the EAdmin vm's just fine

Thanks, Tom

Can you forward the message to the EAdmin box and listen to it?

Brandon

Right and you should be able to open the message and then open the .wav attachment. Is there no .wav attached?

Brandon

Brandon, I forward it to the EAdmin account and it did not work. I am doing something wrong.

I remember I pulled these messages down from Exchange using my Outlook Exchange Client using the add a mail box function under the advanced tab. NOT MAPI4

This is the only way I could get them. If I use pop3 or mapi4 it won't authenticate.

Here are my accounts

Server, DSS-VM

Accounts

VM\admin

VM\UnityMsgStoreSvs

MrUser@vm.local

“User” password with in Unity is 12345

The admin password is not 12345 obviously

Users are all in the

1. Domain Users group vm.local/Users and

2. Allsubscribers2721121d group what ever this is

I am going to try to create a new account in pop3 or mapi4. See picture.

Thanks Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: