Two Days Before CCNA Expiry!

Unanswered Question
Oct 23rd, 2008

Hello,

I failed in BCMSN exam today (23rd Oct) and my CCNA expires two days after (25th Oct).

My Question is :

If I Re-take & PASS the BCMSN exam after CCNA expires, WILL this be accredited toward CCNP Certification anyway ? and take the CCNA later on?

I have read this on "CISCO Online Support"

"No, a valid CCNA certification is a prerequisite for Professional Level certifications.

Candidates are allowed to complete the Professional Level exams without having a valid CCNA Certification. However, the Professional Level certification will not be awarded until the CCNA prerequisite has been met.""

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
steve_steele Thu, 10/23/2008 - 11:25

You can pass any of the CCNP exams before retaking your CCNA, however even if you pass all of them you will not be certified as a CCNP until you pass the CCNA.

Hope this helps

Steve

It is called - $$ - if you have previously held a valid CCNA certification, on one occassion, that should be enough to satisfy the prereq. However, they need to make the money off of books and test fees. It only stands to reason that if you can pass the CCNP classes, surely, you have proven that you have the knowledge of the entry level certification. But this way there are gaurenteed another book sale and another $150.00 test fee!

Actions

This Discussion