cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Dialing with 9

SAN J
Level 2
Level 2

CUPC Newbee. On the "Recent" tab of CUPC, is it possible to setup dialing rules so when you double-click an external number it will prefix with the proper 9 or 91 in front of the number? I tried it with Application DIal Rules in CM but it didn't work. Is that only for Outlook CLick to Dial?

4 Replies 4

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

No it is not only for Outlook click to dial. I have the application dial rules setup to check the number of digits and prepend either a 9 or a 91 to the number.

It works great, however, I have had to educate my users that for long distance calls in the home area code they have to include the 1 on the number when dialing from Outlook. Without the leading 1 in the outlook contacts it treats it as a local call and removes the area code.

Hello,

I'm relatively a newbie to UPC and I wanted to know if you know of any settings I need to set to allow LD dialing from UPC. When users try it, they get "Out of Service" in the UPC window. What I really want to do is allow users to dial LD via UPC and prompt for an access code.

Is that possible and if so how?

TIA - John

Thanks for the link. I figured it out just forgot to respond here -in the UPC client its waiting for input for an auth code, once you enter it on the dialpad it completes the call.

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: