cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Dialing with 9

SAN J
Level 2
Level 2

CUPC Newbee. On the "Recent" tab of CUPC, is it possible to setup dialing rules so when you double-click an external number it will prefix with the proper 9 or 91 in front of the number? I tried it with Application DIal Rules in CM but it didn't work. Is that only for Outlook CLick to Dial?

4 Replies 4

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

No it is not only for Outlook click to dial. I have the application dial rules setup to check the number of digits and prepend either a 9 or a 91 to the number.

It works great, however, I have had to educate my users that for long distance calls in the home area code they have to include the 1 on the number when dialing from Outlook. Without the leading 1 in the outlook contacts it treats it as a local call and removes the area code.

Hello,

I'm relatively a newbie to UPC and I wanted to know if you know of any settings I need to set to allow LD dialing from UPC. When users try it, they get "Out of Service" in the UPC window. What I really want to do is allow users to dial LD via UPC and prompt for an access code.

Is that possible and if so how?

TIA - John

Thanks for the link. I figured it out just forgot to respond here -in the UPC client its waiting for input for an auth code, once you enter it on the dialpad it completes the call.

Cheers!