clients behind 1310 WGB looses connectivity to LWAPP APs

Unanswered Question
Oct 23rd, 2008
User Badges:

Hi,

I have a setup of 2 WLC 4402 with multiple 1310 LWAPP APs. The mobile clients are all ethernet devices that go through 1310(IOS) programmed as Workgroup bridges. Everything works fine when there is no roaming. Everything works fine when a WGB roam from an AP on one WLC to another AP on the other WLC. Where I have problems, it's when the WGB roam from an AP to an other AP that are on the same WLC. When that happens, the connectivity with the WGB keep working fine, but I loose connectivity with the client behind the WGB for 30 seconds and then I get the connectivity back. I analysed the traffic from the client behind the WGB and a PC on the LAN. the traffic flows from the client to the LAN's PC, but the traffic from the LAN's PC never reaches the client behind the WGB until the 30 seconds passes.

Have anybody seen that before or have any idea of what could cause that or better know the solution to my problem ?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dennischolmes Sun, 10/26/2008 - 16:19
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

What version of code are you running? There wer some ARP issues for code 4.0.x. Make sure you are at least at 4.1.185.

gprever71 Mon, 10/27/2008 - 05:52
User Badges:

I am currently at version 4.2.130 and I tryed 3 versions of IOS on the WGB. I find it suspicious that the timing of traffic outage of the wired client was always 30 seconds, so I debugged a little further and took notice that there was a perfect timing when the wired client was coming up and a IAPP packet that I could see with the l2roaming debugging in the controller, I am pretty sure it is related, because that message is repeated regularly at every 30 second, even when the WGB don't roam. According that I tried few IOS already on the WGB, I will try to upgrade the controller code to 5.1 today to see if it fixes my issue. By the way, I seen a bug that look like mine, even though there is not so much info on it. It's the bug CSCsk99318 which is classed as non reproductible.

Thanks, any comments are welcome !

UTE-VEA-EMT Mon, 06/21/2010 - 02:51
User Badges:

Quite late, but a newer version in the WGB solves that problem.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network