Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add additional "sessions" when configure UNITY 5

huydien3384
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm using Dynamic Configuration Tools to configure UNITY 5 product. I'm confusing some of components:

- in "Unity User Options", what does "UNITYU5-USR-E" means? for example, we need 300 UM users, could we select 300 UNITYU5-USR-E instead of select "UNITYU5-300USR-E" in "Unity Bundle Options"?

- with UNITYU5-300USR-E, what is the "16 sessions" means? Is it 16 concurrent Voicemail or Auto-Attendant sessions? How to increase this "sessions", for example, increase to 32 sessions?

- why we cannot select "server license options" when "unity bundle" has selected already?

Thanks in advanced

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Typically you use the "UNITYU5-USR-E" part number to add additional user licenses once you have Unity operational. The other part number "UNITYU5-300USR-E" is also going to include a number of voicemail ports, which is what the 16 sessions mean. This number reflects the ports you are integrating with your PBX and essentially become the "hunt list" for access to voicemail. When you configure Unity ports, you specify them as Answer (which can handle voicemail or auto attendant calls); MWI, Notification, or Telephone Record and Playback. If you want 32 sessions, there should be a specific part number for that; or you order the base with a specific number of users/ports/ etc. and then add additional ports. When you order the Unity as a bundle, that means you are including the server hardware in your purchase, i.e. MCS server. Some customers opt to purchase their server hardware from other vendors, as long as it matches the hardware compatibility list for Unity.

Ginger

Thanks Ginger!

I think there are many differences. Let calculate some license price, for example for 300 users:

- if we use UNITY5-USR-E, list price is 65$, so the price is 65x300 = 19500$, plus the 5000$ for 32 ports license, total price is 24500$

- but if we use UNITY5-300USR-E, price list is 45000$ and it has only 16 port license.

Any suggestion?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: