Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1231G-E-K9

derawat28
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In our envirnoment we are using LWAP of the mentioned model()but recently we are having issue with some of our APs, they are flapping frequently and when we console in to AP so we got the following error message?

Mar 1 00:01:13.794: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: No more AP manager IP addresses

remain.

*Mar 1 00:01:18.798: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: spamHandleJoinTimer: Did not rec

ieve the Join response

*Mar 1 00:01:18.798: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: No more AP manager IP addresses

remain.

*Mar 1 00:01:23.803: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: spamHandleJoinTimer: Did not rec

ieve the Join response

*Mar 1 00:01:23.803: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: No more AP manager IP addresses

Kindly suggest some of the solution.

Thanks and Regards

10 Replies 10

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

What controller type are you using, and what is the access point capacity? "No more AP manager IP addresses remain" means that the LWAP cannot join the controller due to capacity. If you're receiving this in error, you'll need to begin some deeper troubleshooting.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, well we are using WiSM with the code 4.0.219.0. I didn't get your mean that LWAP cannot join the controller due to capacity because WiSM contain the two controller of 4404 series and each of them does support 150 APs. Can you suggest what short of deeper troubleshoot I should do?

Thanks and advance,

Regards

Okay, let's begin by asking a bunch of questions.

How do your APs find the controllers? Via broadcast, DHCP, or DNS? Do your APs find either one of the controllers? Do they ever connect to the controller, or are they always rejected? Also, is it possible for you to upgrade to 4.2 code?

Also, what are the IP addresses and subnet masks on your Manager and AP-Manager interfaces?

Hi Jeff,

Thanks again for your time, well in my network APs are finding controller via broadcast, DHCP. Yes in our network finds any of controller. yes they were connected with controller since last two years. In my network we are using more than 2000 APs but only these seven APs are having the issue as I did mentioned above.

Thanks and Regards

Wow, you have a lot of APs. Are all seven of these APs connected to the same controller? What's the remaining capacity of the controller(s) to which these APs are connecting?

Hi Jeff,

We are using WiSM and each of wish consist two controller of 4404 series and each of them support 150 APs.

Do you ever saw such issue on AP? please suggest any further suggestion ?

Thanks and Regards

How many access points are on each controller? Is there any chance that the controllers are full? Each AP-manager interface only supports so many access points, so I wonder if you're hitting that point. Maybe you should try configuring a second AP manager interface.

Hi Jeff,

We are not hitting the excess support limit here. Can you please suggest how we can change a LWAP to autonomus?

Sure thing.

1. Pull the AP down and connect your laptop directly to its ethernet port (using a crossover if needed). Your laptop needs a TFTP server installed.

2. Assign your laptop an address in the range of 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.30

3. Open your TFTP server and place an autonomous image in the root directory. Rename it "cXXXX-k9w7.tar.default", where XXXX = the AP model number (1100, 1130, 1200, 1230, 1240).

4. Hold the MODE button down and power up the AP. Hold it for 30 seconds or so until the light turns red. Let it go and it will download the code.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/4.2/configuration/guide/c42lwap.html#wp1105215

Sorry this didn't go well for you. Before giving up and moving APs to autonomous, I would consider opening a TAC case.

LWAPP to Autonomous

Requirements:

• Image file (such as c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.JA.tar);

• AP is connected to the Wireless LAN Controller; and

• AP can ping the TFTP server where the image is located.

Procedures:

1. Find out what AP needs to be converted from LWAPP to Autonomous mode by entering the following command:

sh ap summary

2. Enter the following CLI command on the Wireless LAN Controller:

config ap tftp-downgrade

3. The AP will download the software and after a reboot, the AP will be on Autonomous mode.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card