cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FSWM Routed Context Issue

Muhammad Zubair
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured routed context in FWSM but it's not communication event with outside and inside directly connect router (MSFC). When I try to ping outside router IP address it show error in debug.

Denied ICMP type=0, code=0 from 192.168.15.5 on interface outside

I have configured IP any any and ICMP any any on both interfaces.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you configure "icmp permit any outside" and then try pinging again and see if you get a response.

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

View solution in original post

As I said earlier in order to ensure that the Ping reply reaches FWSM you need to use "icmp permit any outside" command.

ACLs are only used for traffic through the FWSM .

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you configure "icmp permit any outside" and then try pinging again and see if you get a response.

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

Add the following

access-list 209 extended permit icmp any any

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

I have already permited ICMP on both interfaces. but the problem is still there.

Are you pinging from the FWSM or from a host connected to inside interface?

If you are pinging from the FWSM and not "through" the fwsm the ping is permitted or denied based on the icmp command.

Use

icmp permit 0 0 outside

If it were a ping through the FWSM it would

be controlled via an ACL.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

I am Ping it from FWSM and ACL configured for ICMP on both intface (inside, outside).

As I said earlier in order to ensure that the Ping reply reaches FWSM you need to use "icmp permit any outside" command.

ACLs are only used for traffic through the FWSM .

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: