cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM blockling traffic

mark.j.hodge
Level 3
Level 3

I have an interestesing and very anoying situation. A FWSM is blocking traffic to a specific host for an unknown reason. This was working until a few days ago.

I have checked, and the traffic is hitting the interface according to a capture command. However there are no hits on the access-lists being recorded. There are no shuns and the xlate and local-host connection tables look fine.

I can connect to other devices on the subnet from the same source address with no issues.

We have tried reloading the FWSM, but that hasn't helped. any other ideas appreciated.

Mark

3 Replies 3

Muhammad Zubair
Level 1
Level 1

This is FWSM softwrae bug and fixed in 3.1(7) and later releases. If you are using older version then upgrade it.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/cisco-sa-20071017-fwsm.shtml#@ID

I am running version 3.2(5) so I don't think that is it, thanx anyway

mark.j.hodge
Level 3
Level 3

I have found and rectified the issue, there was a malformed static entry on *another* context within the FWSM. This had been created as part of a test/learning context.

Now I am trying to determine how configuration on one context can impact operation on another, I thought they were commpletely indepenent configs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card