Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC and Linksys DHCP problem

ziadia.amine
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a WLC 2112 and a DHCP server enabled on a Linksys router. I have configured a wireless LAn to have IP address from the Linksys DHCP server but it doesn't work and when i configure anthor DHCP server it work.

Can you help me please

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

Can your controller ping the LinkSys router? Also, you've configured the DHCP server on the controller's interface, correct?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

Can your controller ping the LinkSys router? Also, you've configured the DHCP server on the controller's interface, correct?

Thank you for replying Mr Jeff.

The problem was on the Linksys DHCP server wich does not response to unicast DHCP request from the contrôler.

Haha, thanks for the rating, even though I didn't do anything :D

5 points for coming back and letting us know what the problem was. I always enjoy learning something new! Sorry that your solution won't work with the LinkSys, though. Maybe you can configure a DHCP service on your switch, rather than purchasing an entire server for it.

Hello Mr Jeff,

I have configured an internal dhcp on the WLC and it works perfectly.

The dhcp from the linksys will work if you disable dhcp by proxy on the controller. To do this go to the cli and enter "config dhcp proxy disable" This will allow your router to handle the dhcp.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: