cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIC/VIC-E1 on Cisco 1721

iadegoke
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All, I want to implement MPLS on a remote site using a cisco 1721 router. The line has been provided with a RJ45 interface. A colleague ordered a WIC/VIC-E1 for the router but the router will not recognise the card (doesn't boot). Unfortunately I do not have console access to see the error message. Any ideas to commission this line with this router given that the only option is RJ45?

Many Thanks

3 Replies 3

ARUNPRABHU A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think your card is not supported in 1721 router.

First Let me know what type of connection and signal type you are receiving from Service provider.

If you receive G.703 Signals from Service provider then better go for VWIC-1MFT-G703 card, where you RJ45 Port in it.

If you are receiving an ethernet signal type then get one Ethernet Module and terminate the link in it.

Regards, Arun

Thanks for your quick response. The problem is trying to quickly find out who can tell with what signalling the line has presented.

Thanks Again...

Hi,

If you have the above mentioned card as mentioned by me, then you ask service provider to give G.703 Signal output.

Whereas if service provider gives ethernet output you need to go for one ethernet card.

Regards, Arun

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card