Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade a 3750 from S to EMI version ?

flabarriere
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a stack of 2 x 3750G-12S-S. Is it possible to upgrade the stack to EMI version (SP Services) ? If yes what is the product reference in Cisco list ?

And another question, if I have a stack with 2 x 3750G-12S-S and I stack one other 3750 with EMI version. Is the stack capable to use the dynamic routing (EMI version) or does I need to have my 3 switches in EMI version ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Best regards,

Florian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Florian-

Product Number for EMI upgrade is CD-3750G-EMI=

If you make the master of the stack the switch with the EMI image, the entire stack is capable of EMI features. If that switch fails and a non-EMI switch assumes master, it will lose all the EMI features. It's best to upgrade all switches in the stack to EMI.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Florian-

Product Number for EMI upgrade is CD-3750G-EMI=

If you make the master of the stack the switch with the EMI image, the entire stack is capable of EMI features. If that switch fails and a non-EMI switch assumes master, it will lose all the EMI features. It's best to upgrade all switches in the stack to EMI.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot for your very useful answer !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card