cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC - Outlook 2003 Add-in - no toolbar.

joelneils
Level 1
Level 1

7.0(1.13056) Unified Personal Communicator on Outlook 2003 SP3.

Missing the Toolbar and it doesn't display the Add-in.

I have removed and reinstalled, and repaired the MSI, but I can't get the toolbar to display within Outlook 2003.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

The repair has to be done with the user account and to make that possible, the user must have execute permission on the .msi file. Verify that in Outlook>tools>trustcenter>Add-ins that the "Cisco Unified Personal Communicator for Outlook" is in the "Active Applications" list. If it is in the "Inactive" list, click "go" next to "Manage: COM Add-ins". Add a "check" mark next to the application and click OK.

If the application is in the "active list", you may remove the application from the "Manage: COM Add-ins" page by selecting the application and clicking remove.

kpranger1
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue with Outlook 2003. Initially CUPC worked fine in my outlook 2003, but quit working after outlook in a fail safe mode.

I did not have the trustcenter option, so I dug a little deeper and found that the plugin was disabled. I then enabled it by opening outlook and then going to

help>About Microsoft Office>Disabled Items. Here I saw the item was disabled and was able to enable it here by selecting CUPC and selecting enable.

Thanks, that helped me!