cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uninstall exchange server

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

If exchange application on one of the servers is uninstalled(not the partner server, but it had subscribers before, now all the subsribers are moved to other servers), do we have to do anything on the messagestore wizard? The reason I am asking this is that I know we had to check the checkbox for all the exchange servers where there are subscribers. I am assuming this exchange server should automatically disappear from the messagestore wizard, right?

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would recommend running the MSCW after removing the server. It wouldn't hurt anything and would ensure that references to the other server are removed.

Brandon

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you move users to new servers, make sure that you re-run Permissions Wizard and include the new Exchange servers/mail stores.

Brad

The servers where subscribers moved to are actually exisiting servers. They have 5 server, now down to 4.

If Permissions Wizard has been run for the new servers already, what Brandon mentioned wouldn't be a bad idea. Point MSCW to your currently partnered Exchange server and let it do its directory sync.

Brad

Only adding servers you need to rerun the PW and if you are partnering with a different exchange server MSCW.

Has long as the mailstores that you moved the users too was in the list the first time. you are fine.

PW will only give rights not take away.

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: