NAC appliance local authentication not working

Answered Question
Oct 24th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi,

i am trying a test scenario for NAC. it is oob virtual gateway

I get the login page when i try to access the web but when i try to authenticate to the local db i don;t receive an error message and i remain on the authentication screen.

I listened with tcpdump on both interfaces. on the untrusted side i see traffic but on the trusted side no diffrence in traffic appears(but maybe this is normal)

can someone please help with the detailed steps the authentication follows

not just host->nas->nam(localdb)

or some ideas

Thank you!

Correct Answer by ahmedelfeki about 8 years 9 months ago

check for the teporary certificates that you generated and set the FQDN field to the nas ip address and so with the nam

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
ahmedelfeki Wed, 10/29/2008 - 11:23
User Badges:

check for the teporary certificates that you generated and set the FQDN field to the nas ip address and so with the nam

flitcraft33 Wed, 10/29/2008 - 15:06
User Badges:

I doubt this will help, but here goes. I seem to remember a similar issue here, and I went into my browser's proxy settings and turned them off. Then I could authenticate, but not browse the web. So after authenticating I turned them back on and it was fine. There is a tab on the NAC Device Management > Clean Access Servers > >Advanced> Proxy where you can tell clean access about a proxy server, but I don't know if that's relevant.

I assume you have verified that your local user ID works by testing the auth server with it and that it has a profile that allows you to go someplace.

Actions

This Discussion