cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how do you know wich series

cisco steps
Level 1
Level 1

how do you know wich series uses fiber module that have lc or Sc connection. cause I was @ the site and we had some cable ends issue. one end Lc to SC and the other is SC to SC.. But how I will know what is the hardware required for the rtr/switch so I can order the correct modules and advise the vendor to make the right cable ..

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to look at the data sheets for the switch model and these will tell you what type of fibre connectors are supported.

If you go under "Product & Services" from Cisco home page and then select "Switches" then the model you are interested you can then look at the data sheets.

Attached is a link to data sheet for 4948 switches. Have a look at Table 2 which shows what type of fibre connectors are available on each model.

Jon

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ocporbust,

LC ------ > SFP small format

SC ------ > GBIC classic GBIC

then also the type of fiber counts

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Giuseppe how r u Buddy!!!

I am still not clear about it , let say the inplementation requires fiber connections ,, and we have 4948 and 3550 ..now the 3550 takes sc to sc but the 4948 to 3550 one end is Lc and the other is SC .

Thanks

That's fine. So to connect the 2 together the actual fibre cable you purchase must be SC-LC ie. one end will have a connector for an SC and the other end will have a connector for an LC.

Most cable manufactures will be able to supply these type of cables.

Jon

Thanks Jon

how I would now that 4948 only takes LC why not sc to sc as 3550 does,

You need to look at the data sheets for the switch model and these will tell you what type of fibre connectors are supported.

If you go under "Product & Services" from Cisco home page and then select "Switches" then the model you are interested you can then look at the data sheets.

Attached is a link to data sheet for 4948 switches. Have a look at Table 2 which shows what type of fibre connectors are available on each model.

Jon

Thank you all , will come back w/ more.. :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: