CCIE Lab Documentation

Answered Question
Oct 24th, 2008

Hello,

I'm preparing for my CCIE Security Lab (scheduled 8th december). I've read an announcement that the univercd has been replaced by Cisco Documentation. Does that also mean that the browsing has changed, completely similar to the cisco.com website is showing? (e.g. browsing by technology, model, etc)?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards

P-J Nefkens

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
nefkensp Fri, 10/24/2008 - 09:16

Thank you! Makes life for lab prepping a lot easier! (knowing what to use)

dara111983 Fri, 10/24/2008 - 10:47

Hi,

Remember that you wouldn't be able to use the technology tab on that page.

Thanks,

Dara

nefkensp Tue, 10/28/2008 - 08:59

Hi Dara,

Thanks, I understand. But knowing that only the products tab is available makes my preparation easier. Next week I am preparing with some labs and if I need to research documentation, I know that I can only access the products tab.

It doesn't make the lab exam itself easier, but the preparation perhaps a bit.

Kind regards

Pieter-Jan

1s.bancha Thu, 01/01/2009 - 00:24

I was directed to that page but I DO NOT find documentation for

e.g. IOS 12.2T and VPN3000 4.7 that are covered in Security track.

Do you know whether those document exists in the real lab exam or any suggestion on this?

Thanks in advanced,

Bancha S.

Marwan ALshawi Thu, 01/22/2009 - 20:07

i think IE one of the best in CCIE learning

in regard to CCIE R&S LAB workbook i have v4.1 is there any newer version ?

thank you

Andrew Wurster Thu, 01/29/2009 - 19:22

i seem to recall not having any access to several of the "configuration examples"

and to be exact - these configuration examples (mainly IOS-related ones if i remember correctly) - i was not denied access or presented with a page telling me this (as i did for certain pages) - rather i was just seeing a blank page.

please clarify whether we should have access to "configuration examples" AND "configuration guides" pages or just one or what.

and how come the proctor i had previously didn't know how to answer this? is there a clear outline on what works and what doesn't?

tperrier Fri, 01/30/2009 - 00:50

You should have access to the configuration guides, command references and master indexes. Don't count on anything else.

dara111983 Fri, 01/30/2009 - 01:19

Yeah Tperrier is correct,

The only "configuration examples" that you can access to are within the config guide.

There wouldn't be any docs which comes under the technology tab of the current doc page.

Thanks,

Dara

Actions

This Discussion