cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7940g/7960g SIP firmware...Wrong area. Please delete

scott.brodie
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering about how to get the SIP firmware for the 7940g/7960g phones. I have been told many things by different people and need some clarification from Cisco directly. I was told first that it could be downloaded from the cisco website but when I tried, I was directed to a page which stated that it requires a service contract. I was also told that it could possibly need a sip license from cisco on top of the service contract.

What I would like to know is if I am using the Cisco 7940g/7960g phones with a third party PBX, can I simply purchase 1 service contract to download the image or do I need to purchase a service contract for each device. Also, how do I track each device if I am in an organization with hundreds of phones?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Before using the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7960G or 7940G with Cisco Unified CallManager 5.1 and 5.0, you must install the latest firmware on all Cisco Unified CallManager servers in the cluster.

The firmware image names are:

• P0S3-08-6-00.loads

• P003-08-6-00.sbn

• P0S3-08-6-00.sb2

• P003-08-6-00.bin

If you do not have a valid Cisco service contract, contact your reseller

the question actually revolves around a third party switch and not the call manager. i need to know whether the same licensing applies to the phones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: