cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA Phone Proxy Licensing

mlouis
Level 1
Level 1

We are installing the ASA Phone Proxy for use with about 150 remote teleworker phones. It is my understanding that the licensing is done on a per session basis. Does this per session basis refer sessions established by the phone to the ASA or from the phone to the CUCM servers. Meaning, will we need to purchase a license for each phone to call manager server session?

So if i have 150 phones and 3 call manager servers will i need to purchase 450 session licenses?

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You would need 150 sessions as the licesnes refers to the TFTP proxy. 1 to 1 relationship for each phone.

Chris

Chris,

According to Cisco's licensing guide for this product, you specifically need one license per phone per server. It specifically says that if you have a phone with a pub and a sub, that is two licenses. So regardless of how many it will allow you to use (and I don't think it would allow you to do this), you wouldn't be in compliance with anything less than 450 phone proxy seats assuming all 150 phones were setup to use all three CUCM servers.

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

Sorry, not related to your question but have another. Do you have it working and is tls required?

Yes and yes.

Thanks a bunch. I am searching high and low for doci

Same Situation. Anyone know where the documentation is for this?

another dumb question.

Can you set this up w/o tls to CM. In otherwords, can the tls proxy stop at the cm?

@mullaneywt

you've said that you have this working right?

may I ask on what version of CM?

have anyone have it working on CM 4.1(3)? any docu for 4.1(3)?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: