cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP auto summary

ccnpninja
Level 1
Level 1

Is it on or off by default? does it depend on the IOS version?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is on by default. I am not aware that it has changed from IOS version to version.

Edit - beg your pardon. It is on by default up until IOS version 12.2(8)T and then it is off by default.

Jon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is on by default. I am not aware that it has changed from IOS version to version.

Edit - beg your pardon. It is on by default up until IOS version 12.2(8)T and then it is off by default.

Jon

ruwhite
Level 7
Level 7

Autosummary has always been on, and probably will always will be on. We've talked about turning it off by default, but it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense--it would probably cause a lot of pain with very little, or no, gain, in the long run.

:-)

Russ

Russ

I thought it was always on as well but doesn't this link suggest otherwise ?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/iproute/command/reference/ip2_a1g.html#wp1038925

Jon

Bah! So, apparently, the argument went the other way from the last time I was involved in the conversation. I need eyes in the back of my head, or something.

Anyway, I checked, in and 12.3, it is off by default, rather than on. I can't pinpoint where it changed--I'm asking some of the coders if they know the defect number, etc, but I don't see it right now.

:-)

Russ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card