cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wan load balancing on a 1812 router

Xtremdreamer
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco IOS is still so greek to me. I am tring to configure a Cisco 1812 router to load balance between two ADSLs provided by AT&T, the Static IPs I have for the two lines are not in the same subnet, and PPPoe is handled at the DSL modems and not at the router. there is no "demand diling" going on, and all the documentation I find on this just dosent seem to apply. I have talked to several people and they tell me it can be done, but nobody is being very straight forward in the "how". I purchased a service contract with Cisco, but the contract information seems to be a bit on the slow side of getting to me. So in the mean time I hope there is someone here that will be so kind as to help me...

3 Replies 3

Gerald Vogt
Level 3
Level 3

gerald,

That was an exelant link and with a little tweeking I was able to get most to work, however I am hitting a block with the ACL. on the line with the command:

access-list 110 permit ip 192.168.108.0 0.0.0.255 any,

I changed the ip to match the network IP of Vlan one, but it rejects the Any part of the command, with a "invalid input at '^' Marker". I reran the command leaving off the "any" and it took and when I do a "do show run" command I see the access-list has that IP address listed.

any ideas?

Thank

I guess you did not choose an access-list number between 100-199. This is an extended access list which use numbers 100-199. Standard access lists with numbers 1-99 only accept only one ip address/subnet.

You can always press the "?" when entering something. It will explain what options you have at that point. Thus enter "access-list ?" and it will explain which type of access lists you can set. Enter "access-list 110 ?" and it will show what operations the access list supports, etc.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card