Helpful
Replies

BGP Conditional advertisement

tomek0001
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Does anyone know what is wrong with these commands:

neighbor 11.0.0.1 advertise-map OUT-BGP-ISP_B-RMAP exist-map DEFAULT-ROUTE-ISP_A

neighbor 11.0.0.1 advertise-map OUT-ISP_B-BGP-FAILOVER-RMAP not-exist-map DEFAULT-ROUTE-ISP_A

I'm just trying to send OUT-BGP-ISP_B-RMAP if DEFAULT-ROUTE-ISP_A exists

and

if DEFAULT-ROUTE-ISP_A does not exist send out OUT-ISP_B-BGP-FAILOVER-RMAP.

My route maps have different communities associated with them and I want to send a different one to the ISP to control its distribution.

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Tom,

first thing check the spelling of the route-maps names IOS does not warn you if you use a slightly different name so it is easy to use a '-' instead of '_' and so you get an unexpected behaviour.

If you like you can post a filtered version of your config removing public ip addresses with the details of the involved route-maps.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Giuseppe

Do you know if you could have two advertise-maps for the same neighbor? Right now it just looks like it's matching on the first one and not going to the second one.(stuck in the withdraw state of the first one)

I tried to find out if you can do that on cisco's website but couldn't and documentation.

Do you if 2 should work for the same neighbor?

Thank you

Hello Tomasz,

I had the same doubt.

I would suggest to use two different route-maps for the condition test even if the check is the same.

see for example the following

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094309.shtml

However in all examples usually only one conditional command for neighor is present so if using two different route-maps still doesn't change what you see probably only one command is supported

From the command reference

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute/command/reference/irp_bgp3.html#wp1012658

Usage Guidelines

Use the neighbor advertise-map router configuration command to conditionally advertise selected routes. The routes or prefixes that will be conditionally advertised are defined in 2 route-maps, an advertise map and an exist map or nonexist map. The route map associated with the exist map or nonexist map specifies the prefix that the BGP speaker will track.

syntax:

[no] neighbor ip-address advertise-map map-name {exist-map map-name | non-exist-map map-name}

It is not clear. Make a try and report here the results.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card