Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware Recommendation.

adamota1973
Level 1
Level 1

Hardware Recommendation.

Although I am not new to network infrastructer I am new to the Cisco products. I am setting up a wireless network for a company and wanted to know what Cisco products to use. The system will be a VSAT internet setup which will run 3-4 sites within a 500m radius. I want each site to have its own bandwidth so need somewhat of a network managemnt system on top of a WDS.

I was thinking of a point to point bridge for each site but if Cisco has other products that would be of better use I am all ears. The project has to be also cost effective to sell to my clinet.

Sorry if I have asked this in the worng area and if I have please guide me to the correct place.

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

The Cisco Aironet is the best choice for your requirement. It Data rates of 54 Mbps in the 2.4-GHz band, Bridge range of 20 miles (32 kilometers [km]) at 11 Mbps, Aggregate throughput approaching 28 Mbps, Maximum transmit power of 100 milliwatts (mW) for 802.11b and 30 mW for 802.11g

The Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Outdoor Access Point or Bridge (Figure 1) is an 802.11g access point and bridge that provides high-speed and cost-effective wireless connectivity between multiple fixed or mobile networks and clients. Building a metropolitan-area wireless infrastructure with the Cisco Aironet 1300 Series provides deployment personnel with a flexible, easy-to-use solution that meets the security requirements of wide-area networking professionals. The Cisco Aironet 1300 Series can be deployed as an autonomous access point or bridge, providing intelligent network services as a standalone device. Alternatively, the Cisco Aironet 1300 Series can be deployed as part of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network, managed centrally by a Cisco wireless LAN controller.

Thank you for the response. If I was setting up the network where I have multiple client bridges coming back to one central host location would it be possibly to use an omin directional antenna at the host location. I could possibly use the 1300 bridge at the client ends.

If I was to do this could I still use a network controller to give each client different bandwidth allocations.

any other mind-lights on this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco