cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity, Ext dialed during greting goes right to VM?

drubery
Level 1
Level 1

From our main call handler callers have the ability to dial the extension of the party they are calling at any time. However, when the extension is dialed they are transferred directly to VM and the phone never rings. I read somewhere where this is default behavior. I have checked in Unity that Subcribers are properly configured as indicated in http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a008009437a.shtml#topic1

Any help would be appreciated.

9 Replies 9

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

just to clarify...did you just change the subscriber template or did you actually go into a subscriber's configuration and change the transfer to subscriber's extension? If you only changed the template, this would not affect any of your existing subscribers.

Correct, template was setup properly from the beginning. All subscribers are configured properly. This is only calls from outside to the main greeting where the extension is dialed during the greeting. The digit all extensions begin with is not locked to or assigned any purpose.

If you look at port status monitor in unity tools, do you see the call being transferred over? Do you experience the same issue with other call handlers and have you tried transferring out of a subscriber's greeting to see if the same thing happens?

I'll take a look at port monitor, do not have access this minute. Transferring out of a subscribers greeting by dialing an extension yields the same result (Direct to VM). It does not seem like calls are leaving Unity from the Main handler, it seems like it is only accommodating transfers on Unity.

This is only affecting select users and seems to match K92791891

http://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWiki/index.php/Calls_go_straight_to_voice_mail_without_any_ring_tone._Only_certain_phones_are_affected

I am looking into this.

Matt, port monitor shows the call going right to the Subscriber for those users whose phone does not ring and goes right to VM. For those users whose phone rings it shows the call going to the handler, then ultimately when it finishes ringing it shows the transfer to the Subscriber. This is really puzzling. Thanks.

It does sound like a CSS/Partition issue to me. It sounds to me like Unity does not have permission to call out to all the phones. Do the VM Ports' CSS's include all phones? If it only included partitions for some phones, it might explain the intermittent nature of the problem.

All phones are in the INTRA-DN-PT and this is the first partition in the VM Ports CSS.

A few users were somehow created in Unity without using the proper template, luckily this did not happen with the 700+ we just imported. For those few users with the wrong template their Call Transfer was set to "No (send directly to subscriber's greeting)

Thanks for the input, it's always the simple things that catch you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: