cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

restore Default CUCM 6.1 License

justincohen
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to reset a box back to it's default license from when it was first booted, the 50DLU and 1 Node license, but I am having a problem, I have deleted all of the licenses that were added, but we do not seem to have the default license in there... Node is now -1 and used DLU's is -32

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Justin,

These "Starter" licenses are overwritten when a permanent license file is uploaded, so I think the only way to retrieve them would be to re-build from scratch;

Starter Licenses

Cisco Unified Communications Manager comes preinstalled with starter licenses, so the need does not

exists for a file upload. Be aware that starter licenses, which have no expiration date, are available in

limited quantities. Be aware that starter licenses are only available for fresh installations; they are not

available for upgrades or migrations from previous releases. Starter licenses support only one Cisco

Unified Communications Manager node and up to 50 device license units.

**Starter license units get replaced when you purchase a production license.

Page 54;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_0_1/cucm-rel_note-601b.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

unfortunately Rob has provided the right answer (as always =) )

the starter license is gone once you install another license in the server and there is no way to recover it or to reinstall it if not doing a fresh install

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate