cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Figure out how to add files to the dialer so more numbers can be sent out.

johnnywan
Level 1
Level 1

We are running into an issue with IPCC Ent Outbound Campaigns. I need to figure out how to add files to the dialer so more numbers can be sent out at a time. It was limiting me to 40 - 50 numbers only at a time. Any assistance would be appreciated. Or if you could point me to the correct documentation for this procedure to do this on IPCC Ent 7.X

3 Replies 3

johnnywan
Level 1
Level 1

So here is what I am taking about.

The Outbound Option Import component, which resides on the ICM Logger, is responsible for importing a customer's contact list that the Outbound Option Dialer component uses to contact customers. In addition, Outbound Option Import uses the scheduling configured in the Outbound Option Configuration Components to process the imports scheduled for a particular date and time.

Outbound Option Import imports the contact_list, which contains the phone numbers Outbound Option dials.

When Outbound Option Import processes an import, the following steps occur:

1.Import a contact_list into a table.

2.Build a dialing list for a campaign.

Right now I have a problem that I can only import 50 numbers at a time. I need the ability to import many more at a time.

Are you sure about that. There is throttling in the Camapaign Manager to present a certain number of tasks (numbers to call) to the Dialer so that it works in a manageable way, marking them in the Dialing List as pending and allowing them to roll back should the dialer stop, or the end of the day occur.

But it was my impression that the import was not limited. With my outbound customers I have only used the "import when file present" option - maybe the scheduled one is different.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for the reply. I understand what you are saying about internal throttling - makes sense. My opinion as well was that the amount of entries in the import list was not limited. Right now if I import a list (.txt files) it is only importing the first 50 off the list for some reason.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: