Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

saved Voicemails in Unity 4.0

Hi All,

We have Unity 4.0 in our organization and the voicemails are integrated with Microsoft Outlook Exchange.

My question here is, we have a few extensions that are not mapped to certain Outlook users. Where will the voicemails to these extension be located at by default?

Will the voicemails at any point be saved on Unity box at all?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ok, not sure what you mean but probably they're internet users.

ALL messages are at some point saved on Unity server before they are being processed and sent to the mailstore or to the internet subscriber

if they're internet subscribers they don't have space allocated in the Exchange server but rather on other server (where? only you could tell that looking at your config)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks Java for your response.

I guess I wasn't clear in my earlier post. sorry about that.

Like you said "ALL messages are at some point saved on Unity server before they are being processed and sent to the mailstore or to the internet subscriber"

I'd like to know the location or the config where the messages are temporarily stored?

Thanks again!!

unityMTA folder under commserver

HTH

java

HTH

java

Even internet users in Exchange do not have mailstore. It is simply an SMTP re-direct or "contact" in AD and Exchange. If you were to add any Subscriber to Unity, you must have an AD account and Exchange Mailbox. You can however, hide the mailboxes from the Global Address List so they are not visible to your email users on the Exchange server.

Hi,

This is not a part of the discussion. Can some one please help me on How we can integrate unity 4.0 with outlook. Please point me to the correct resource.

Thanks in advance

Here is basic:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/installation/guide/cueum2k3fo/5ue2k3f.html

It would be recommended to install Unity 5.x or later if possible. 4.0 is probably almost out of production.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: