Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover Design

mymite060708
Level 1
Level 1

CM version 6.1

I have 10 phones at a remote site that use extension mobility.

If the WAN goes down, the remote size SRST kicks in. The remove phones all revert back to the logged out profile and use the local gateway to make calls.

IF the WAN goes down how can I forward all calls destined for the extension mobility numbers to the remote site back up number. I can't set forward un-registered on the EM profiles as when the users log out of EM manually the call needs to go to voicemail. Its only they get logged out because of a WAN failure. The same needs to be done for a hunt pilot

Can AAR be used for wan failure?

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no way to distinguish between when the profile is logged out becuase of manual logout vs. automatic logout, so there is no way to accomplish your requirement. Sorry.

Maybe someone can come up with some creating way.

Chris

Just to confirm as we are about to roll out SRST. If a user has logged into a handset at the remote site and the WAN goes down are you saying that SRST will automatically log them out ?

Correct, as the phone will reset in order to register with the SRST GW.

Chris

Sorry to ask again but are you 100% sure about this. We have a site who is testing SRST and we have configured the extension with a site code plus the xxxx DN. All the users are configured mobiity.

Users DN 555+1234 but the device DN is 4567. The user only knows about the 1234 not the site code of 555 or 4567 , I`ve configured so in Fallback they can still dial 1234 and the SRST router adds the 555 so to route the call to correct device 5551234. I thought that the DN the phone has when in srst is the DN, dial-peer it registers with if this is not the case how did my user carry on dialling the 1234 numbers not the 4567?

Hey,

What version of CCM are you using. The last time i tested this with 4.1 if a user was logged in when the WAN went down the phone reset and went into SRST mode. However, the user remained logged in with their DN. The users who were not logged in at the time obviously could not use extension mobility and so were left without service. That was a while ago tho so perhaps there has been enhancements since.

4.1, I got the customer to recheck and if they re logged in via EM when it goes into SRST then that EM dn is registerd to SRST as I thought