cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Checking Voicemail externally

michaeljbyrne
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to have all of my users call into a number to check their voicemail. Insted of them dialing into their own number. Possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Absolutely. I'm assuming you're using Callmanager and Unity. Set aside a DID number for this purpose. Create a translation pattern that translates the DID to the Hunt Pilot for Unity. You can also setup alternate extensions in Unity for mobile phones, etc. so when users call from these numbers they are only prompted for password and not extension/password.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, cofigure that number as cti route point for example in CallManager and set forward all to VM. In Unity create a forward routing rule that matches this number and sends it to "Sing-in" handler.

HTH,

Chris

I'm a little too slow this morning, Chris. This is definitely another way to accomplish the goal.

Brandon

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Absolutely. I'm assuming you're using Callmanager and Unity. Set aside a DID number for this purpose. Create a translation pattern that translates the DID to the Hunt Pilot for Unity. You can also setup alternate extensions in Unity for mobile phones, etc. so when users call from these numbers they are only prompted for password and not extension/password.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Callmanage 6.1 and Unity Connection 2x

Earlier posts apply.

Brandon

I added my cell phone as an alternate extension but it is still prompting me for my id and password. Not just password

Of course, neither of these solutions will prevent users from dialing their own extensions to get VM. Can we prohibit Alternate Extensions and remove the * function to backup from the Subscriber voicemail menu?

bbuffins respomse works. You do not have to eneter *. Although the alternate extension would be sweet. I did as he said but its still prompting me for my id when I call from my cell phone.