cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

common services license on CSM

cfajardo1_2
Level 1
Level 1

common services is running on top of a CSM. Csm itself is licenced but my Common Services (which is Cisco Works)is on a 90 days trial.

CSM package comes with common services..Do I need to buy a separate license for the common services?

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Common Services is an unlicensed component (i.e. you do not need a Common Services license). You shouldn't see a 90-day eval for it. You must have clicked on another application.

-if i invoke the CSM client on the server, I was able to see the licence. (Pro, Permanent, base of 50) which is right.

-if i invoke the CSM (which opens up common servises,then server administrator, then ABOUT, then this will show that my common services is on a 90days trial.

Please post a screenshot of what you're doing, and what you see. Common Services does NOT require a license.

ill do capturing later..CS is running on top of CSM right.

this is the capture of the 90days trial if we invoke the csm on the server

Ah. This indicates you have installed an eval license for some product. However, Common Services itself is not licensed, and will never expire. You can see the licenses you have installed by clicking the Licensing link in the first screenshot.

but that will be licensing component for the cisco works module i suppose..and theres nothing except common services is there for cisco works..this is just part of the CSM package..so theres no way other cisco works component is installed..

Then you can ignore this. If you were to install RME from the CSM bundle, it would report itself as an eval until you applied an official license.

I should add, this assumes that the other CSM components have been properly licensed.

thanks...but correct me if iam wrong..cisco works couldnt even co exist with CSM right..

CiscoWorks is an umbrella name which includes CSM. LMS and CSM, however, cannot coexist on the same server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: