Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection and Unity Express

csco11142276
Level 1
Level 1

Dear experts,

Need your help again. We have Unity Connection 2.1 installed at our HQ with CCM6.1 and Unity Express with CCME installed at one of our remote sites. We are planning to convert CCME to SRST and register all remote site users to the central cluster of CCM6.1 so that all remote site users can get access to the CCM 6.1 featureset. In addition, we are also planning to put all remote site voice mail users on Unity Connection 2.1 server instead of separate Unity Express module. So here is my question, I have been asked if we could use Unity Connection 2.1 as a Primary voice mail solution for the remote site users and use unity express with SRST as a secondary solution, should the WAN link between HQ and remote site is down.

I have never come across this kinda situation or configuration so if there is any document available explaining the scenario i.e. how to configure unity connection and express in primary/secondary mode, what key points needs to be considered , any additional licences required to make them working in primary/secondary mode, etc would be a great help.

Regards,

3 Replies 3

k_vishwesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The kind of redundacny for voice mail you are looking is not the best solution.If you need the voice mail system wotking in SRST/failover mode with the access to all you voice mail messages , i suggest you to continue to provide voicemail from the CUE for remote user , however ip phones can register from CCM 6.1. With this you also save the b/w requried for every vociemail call initiated from remote location.

Thanks Vishwesh,

I take it then you are referring to this solutiuon, please correct me if I am wrong; convert the CCME to the SRST router, register all IP phones to the central cluster and for remote site voicemail users keep using the existing Unity express module. This makes sense. However, I am not sure on how to configure this scenerio.

Is there any document available that explains the configuration on this type of scenerio.

Regards,

Vishwesh,

Just another quick mate. Can we upgrade Cisco IOS and CCME to the latest release under shared support contract. Or do we need SASU or UCSS for CCME upgrade?

Thanks for the help so far mate.

Regards,