Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CUCM 4.2 to 6.1 Hostname IP Addresses

lolu.oshunbiyi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have upgraded a CUCM from 4.2 to 6.1 using the DMA tool in the lab an I am about to add the first subscriber. When I look at the Server name under System>Server on the Publisher, it has the name of the subscriber, not the IP address. I am not running DNS in the 6.1 environment so can I change the Server name to an IP address before upgrading the subscriber? I am using new hardware for the 6.1 upgrade.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can change that if you want. I believe if you select DNS during the install, it changes the server name from IP to name. But you can change it after you get the cluster up and running. You will probably need to update the Enterprise parameters for Services as well. When phones hit the Services button and do not have DNS, it will bomb out.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can change that if you want. I believe if you select DNS during the install, it changes the server name from IP to name. But you can change it after you get the cluster up and running. You will probably need to update the Enterprise parameters for Services as well. When phones hit the Services button and do not have DNS, it will bomb out.

Many thanks for your quick relply

No problem, just take note, do not change the IP address or hostname during the DMA process. So if DMA your 4.x server, keep the same name, same IP address all the way through. If you want to change this after 6.x is up and running tested, working, etc, do it then. If you change it during the upgrade, you could be in for a real mess later sorting out issues.

cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: