cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OS Admin

GeneBeamer
Level 1
Level 1

I have been looking at adding MOH, Ring tone and a background image. I noticed that for at least one of these I need to log into the OS admin webpage. However, I was told that my login would not work for this site. What role do I need to be placed in, or where would I get the OS admin login?

Unity Connection 2.1

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can create one new one:

set account

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_1_1/cucos/iptpappa.html#wp1052683

utils reset_ui_administrator_name

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_1_1/cucos/iptpappa.html#wp1120161

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

WOW! Is there no way to create a new account from the Web interface and add the correct role? The reason I ask this is because a vendor created all the pw's so I dont know the CCMADMIN pw. I have been assigned several rights but not the one allowing me to go in to OS admin...

no, the users are isolated between them.

you may reset the ccmadmin from OS only, but you cannot create a CLI user from CCMAdmin

Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)

Password Recovery Procedure for the Cisco Unified MobilityManager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_password_recovery09186a0080874163.shtml

HTH

java

HTH

java

Sweet! Thanks Java. I fat fingered my OS account on install. I tried to use the utils reset_ui_administrator_name but it would not work. So I used the set account, created a new one with advance permissions. Worked perfect.

Thanks!

(cucm 7.0 would not reset the account name)

GeneBeamer
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, Call manager 6.1.2

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Further to the good information provided by Java, the CLI commands which have been reference will be no different in 6.1.2.

Have you actually attempted to log into the OS using the platform administrator account created during installation?

This maybe defined with the same account name as you have specified as your application administrator username and pwd, eg CCMAdministrator?

The 'Platform Administrator' username/password. This is defined during setup of the CCM server, and is used to log into the 'OS Administration' web gui, and on the server console.

This can be changed using this command, and will have be changed on each server as it doesn't replicate:

set password admin

Ideally you should not set both accounts with the same name, it can get misleading.

Therefore if both the platform admin and application admin have the same username then you can change this with the following command:

utils reset_ui_administrator_name

Alternatively use the command 'set account' as Java has suggest to create a new one, however you will first have to gain access to the cli in order to do so.

HTH

Allan.