cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.2 Syslog Collection Failure network.pl FAIL

DOUG REISS
Level 1
Level 1

refer to TAC 609910471. Syslog is collecting for only one device. in Common_Services>Admin>Collect_Server_Info results of Self-Test show network.pl (Name: loopback) FAIL status, all other elements PASS(ed).

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This case doesn't appear to have anything to do with syslog or LMS. However, if you already have a service request open, you should continue to work through the issue with your engineer.

Agreed to continue working with engineer. As we use LMS 3.1 and syslog messages are (were) being collected yet failed to display in Report Generator, except for one device, I must disagree with the appearance presented. Found that Syslog Collector was NOT "subscribed" a short while ago, while it did display "subscribed" earlier today, and messages are now displaying in Report Generator (will update ticket) however, Self-Test still shows "network.pl" file in "FAIL" status.

A network.pl failure means that nslookup cannot be used to lookup the server's hostname or localhost. This may not be a real problem. I typically don't use selftest for anything.

Thanks, Joe. I've relayed this to the technician working the case. Hopefully, in the A.M. I'll find many more devices added in to the output results of the Report Generator for Syslog.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: