cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why do I always need to restart Tomcat?

hypnotoad
Level 3
Level 3

Since my upgrade to 6.12 (from 4.x), I've been constantly having to either restrat the Tomcat service or reboot the whole server. I need to do this because the ccmadmin page only gived me a screen full of java jiberish. Is there a patch or update that I'm missing?

I'm running 6.1.2.1001-4 on a two node cluster.

--Patrick

7 Replies 7

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Can you upload an screenshot

When you run:

utils diagnose module tomcat

any errors?

What the status of Tomcat when that is failing?

Any alarm in RTMT?

I would open a TAC case with use.

So we can diagnose Tomcat|server.

Thanks

I just ran 'utils diagnose module tomcat' and it passed.

I'm attaching a screenshot.

It hasn't happened today but I will run the command again when it fails.

I do have a case open. We're waiting for it to fail to the TAC engineer can hop on a take a look.

--Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Can you update regarding latest status on this?

We are also facing exact issue.

-> Tanmay

We still have a TAC case open. Cisco says that there is a memory leak. The case has been in Cisco Pending state for a couple of weeks now. The last thing done was to disable IPMA. That has helped my imediate issue. We do not use IPMA do it wasn't missed.

--Patrick

Hi Patrick

Did you ever get this sorted out?

Cheers

dave

Yes I did. It was not Tomcat after all. It was IPMA. We don't use it so it was disabled and the problems went away.

Cisco TAC told me that they rarely have issues with Tomcat. It is typically a service that used Tomcat that causes the problem.

--Patrick

Thanks for that I will turn that off and see what happens!

Cheers

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: